Friday, January 22, 2010

haiti music

There's a flurry of fundraisers for Haiti relief this evening, including a massive Canadian one being taped in Toronto, preceeding the large MTV George Clooney-led telethon event in the US.

It's a devastating disaster and reminded me of my time in India when I was there during the 2004 tsunami. It was a heart-wrenching time - especially when you know how poor these people already were - to have a natural disaster affect them so terribly. There's a lot of focus on getting aid to the people on the ground now, but the time and money will still be needed many months from now.

I came across this clip from a recent Haiti fundraiser. She's called Selah Sue and has a SPECTACULAR voice. It really inspired me. She's Belgian and has an EP available now called Black Part Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment