Friday, January 15, 2010

er, hello 2010

Hello world! I've been negligent this year in filling this wee blog with my thoughts and musings, mainly because I was in visiting family and building my plans for the new year during my absence. Everyone needs vacations, don't they?


So, a few things to keep you occupied for now. One - My client NXNE sent out a press release this week to industry and media reminding everyone that the deadline for submitting to this year's festival is JANUARY 31, 2010! Apply if you would like to be considered is the key message here! It's very easy. Just submit your info at www.nxne.com via their link to the Sonic Bids website.

Two - I had a meeting with a lovely Jazz singer this week who is planning on dropping her new album (her sophomore) this year. I haven't seen her live yet, but plan on seeing her play this month. I took a listen to her debut album and was pleasantly surprised with her vocal power and her personality as well. She was trained in the Classical program at U of T (a place where a close friend of mine, mezzo-soprano Mireille Lebel also studied at similar time) and I know how hard it is to get into that program and how hard they train you there as well. Her switch to Jazz as a career was one of passion and I dug up this video of her Jazz arrangement of a pop tune you probably know for your viewing pleasure.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment