Monday, August 18, 2008

backyard jams and other such things

Justin Rutledge had his housewarming party this weekend. My friend Jesse is a friend and fellow Parkdale-ian and so he brought me along for the festivities. The house is overflowing with character - carefully chosen rustic furniture, bright paint, a piano patiently waiting to be re-stringed, a kitchen which I learned is the classroom of pie-making, and a decent sized backyard. I don't know all the details of how it came to be but the keg tap apparently courtesy of the dakota tavern is a nice homey detail all musicians must aspire to as well.

At a certain point in the evening, we crammed our bodies into the backyard garage and with about four guitars accompanying, broke into a full sing along of modern love by david bowie and then the weight by the band. I've had modern love stuck in my head ever since. I love that sort of stuff. When I worked at the French camp, the late night guitar sessions were always my favorite, usually around a fire under a blanket. I realize I know way more French-Canadian classics than English ones now but no matter.

Good moment. Great weekend. House warming that left me with the warm and fuzzies inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment