Thursday, August 28, 2008

8 minute post

I'm on deadline on this one because Coronation Street starts in 8 minutes and lately it's been the highlight of my days in my living room.

There's something strange about working and living in the same space. I've been super antsy lately and I think it has to do with the fact that I live in a space with not much storage so my need to have things AWAY and TIDY is so much greater when I have to work right next to my kitchen. In fact, looking around, you could say I work in the same room as my kitchen and living room. It's not like i can make a sandwich for lunch and plan on doing the dishes later because it's right there and when I'm talking to MTV about booking a band, I don't want to be distracted by a load of dirty dishes sitting nearby.

I've given a lot of my money to the Solutions store up at Yonge and Eglinton. My upstairs closet now has floor to ceiling shelves filled with books and six drawers of CDs. It's like a freaking monument to 2008. Welcome to the new world of testing your faith in the entertainment industry. A world where you crave company, and your friendships with local coffee shops becomes paramount to your sanity. Honestly, I can't say there has ever been a time in my life where I have had to spend as much time with myself. I've begun to really tighten everything up, cleaning the place, recycling, exercise, groceries (I buy less because I'm obsessed with using absolutely everything because I get so bored of me that I have to compartmentalize everything.)

My friend Josh said winter is worse. He did freelance journalism from home for years. But he had a wife and partner who came home at certain times. I can believe it. At least now I can take a meeting in a park, or walk home from MuchMusic when I service videos. In winter I barely want to open my door - and my mind still doesn't understand the snow-with-lack-of-mountain scenario.

Maybe I'll buy a fish...

(to be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment