Saturday, April 18, 2009

wedding mixes

I'm heading west to a friend's wedding this May. Should be a nice weekend away, in a place I've never been, with little cell phone reception. All things I enjoy in life.

I've been a little lazy with the wedding mix this time though. I have this running scrap of paper on the board by the front door that gets scribbled on from time to time and I think it may not have too much cohesiveness. Do I make a mix that is love songs or song about love that remind me of the person or that are just simply lovely? I'm thinking a little bit of both?

I've got a Johnny Cash tune on the list but I'd also like to include Clem Snide. Other contenders include Honeysuckle Weeks, The Postal Service, and Brian Eno. I tend to pop the disc in with the card and enclose a cheque. Money always helps everyone but music adds personality to the gift. And my mixes take ever so long to finalize. I really have a hard time making it just right. I think blip.fm might help me out though, so much musical discovery on that site. I love it.

Anyway, not feeling too wordy right now, still fighting off dreaded sinus cold monster. Coffee now, for an illusion of energy for an hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment