Tuesday, March 24, 2009

spring awakening?

I love Art. Culture. Music. I love discovering things everyday. Today for instance, I brushed my teeth while listening to Cat Steven's Foreigner on the turntable. My music crush on Cat Stevens seems to grow with each piece of vinyl I re-discover.

I had this moment this weekend when I looked around and saw my friends all squished in around a table at my local, chattering, smiling, and I thought to myself... this is the way I want life to be most days. It gave me some kind of energy knowing that life could exist in such a way. We're such a misfit bunch of people but in the end, there we were, in the boozy dim-lit red-walled local, crammed in by the jukebox just enjoying every minute of it. No glamour, just a fantastic hang time.

So, as the seasons turn, I'd like to give you a moment of Spring hope for your aural pleasure. Graham(aka Miracle Fortress) always seems to know how to get it right. His Daft Punk cover is brilliant and a great way to start off a shimmering spring filled mix. This song just suits the mood we should all be embracing.

I filled out this list with some others that have gotten the tone and timbre just right too. Enjoy the music. xo.


SeeqPod - Playable Search

No comments:

Post a Comment