Monday, February 1, 2010

re-disc-overy

After a delicious smoothie, I sat down to get some computer work done. I was pretty focused this morning, and my desk faces a second floor balcony window which runs from floor to ceiling. The window is delightful on days like this, when I can see blue sky, chimneytops and white squirrels running across the nearby fence. It's that kind of fresh wintery morning that I love when I'm about to strap on cross-country skis and warm my body up while racing around the track. Winter that tickles the nose.

Work was mainly research, strategy and clean-up today so I needed to have a soundtrack that enhanced the room. I wanted instrumental, but not something like Brian Eno's Music For Airports (which has been a longtime favorite) since I know that disc inside out.... so instead, I picked one I used to enjoy in the car coming home from work, trying to tune out the noise and congestion of the city.

There's an openness to this music - Japanese composer Radicalfashion combines the elements of classical piano preciseness, found noises, with electronic experiments... it's almost as if at times he's building electronic windtunnels using radar fields and whispers. I can't describe how happy I am right now, and I suggest you find this gem of an album (I'm listening to Odori although he has other albums that are just as much appreciated) and add it to your collection.

I found a review of this elsewhere. And a sample, below, to moving images. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment