Saturday, May 23, 2009

thoughts before bed

Long night. One of those rought and tumble nights that are scripted but not planned. I ran into several old and dear friends of mine and I feel absolutely full of love for seeing them. I miss them all.

One was a friend I'd worked with on a Breakfast TV show in Vancouver. Getting up at five a.m. will made you bond or hate, really. And this one I ran into years later again, once we'd both moved to Toronto. It was so awesome to catch up, and then run away, when I realized I was cramping his pick up styles for a moment in time. :)

The next was a friend who works at the local diner up the street. We drank wine as she was closing up shop with the bartender for the evening. She had a slammed evening and was glad to rant about customers and boys she's trying to date alike. Good times.

Then a departure to downtown, and a run in with an old skool soul mate who I go way back with. I introduced him to my friends in other countries and learned he and his girlfriend are now moved in, and he's so happy. It's great, he deserves it all. I explained the absolute terror and destruction of the CDN music industry right now and he got it, and supported my direction too. It was a good convo.

Then to the old haunt - Ronnies. Ah, nothing better on a warm summer night...

Song to send everyone on their weekend:

No comments:

Post a Comment